What is a Brazilian?
- A Brazilian wax is the complete removal of the hair on the pubic region, the labia, and the butt crack. You do have the option, however, of either going completely bare or leaving a small landing strip, triangle, or any shapes of hair above the vaginal area.
How long does the hair have to be to get waxed?
- We require that you have at least 2.5 – 3 week hair growth. Honestly, 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of hair (the longer the better for your first wax). It is VERY important to have enough hair growth when you come for your appointment. This allows the wax to grab the hairs easily.
How often do I have to be waxed?
- The baseline recommendation is every 4 weeks. That goes for everything: brows to legs to Brazilian. Some clients experience a slower or faster rate of hair growth, and that time can be changed accordingly. Your waxer will help you gauge when you should return.
What kind of wax do you use?
- We use the absolute highest quality wax available. For sensitive areas, such as the face, underarms, and bikini area, we use a hard wax. A hard wax melts at a lower temperature, is applied in a thicker layer, and is removed without a strip. The advantages of using a hard wax is that we can go over the area multiple times without causing irritation, and it is excellent for delicate skin. For larger areas, like the legs and back, we use a high quality soft wax, which is applied thinly and removed using muslin strips.
Does waxing cause ingrown hairs?
- Possibly. Some people get ingrown hairs no matter what type of depilation they choose. Exfoliating twice a week (rub gently to avoid scratching the skin) and using an ingrown eliminator that contains a Glycolic Acid (eg. Tend Skin® Liquid) can help this.
Will it make my hair grow back thicker?
- Absolutely not. If that were the case, then wouldn’t a bald man be able to wax his head and grow hair? Waxing does not cause you to grow more hair follicles. In fact, if you become a regular waxer, you will notice that your hair will become quite sparse and not as coarse.
Will it make my hair grow back darker?
- No. Waxing will not change the pigment of your hair.
How much does a Brazilian hurt?
- Well, let’s just say it doesn’t feel great. But I think the worst part is the anticipation. Once your first time is over and you understand what to expect, it’s a breeze. Plus, we always keep chatting to keep your mind off of the pain. Before you know it…you’re done!
What if I have a really low pain tolerance?
- We suggest taking a mild pain reliever like Aleve® or Tylenol®30 minutes before your appointment. This can help to lessen any pain you may experience during your services. In addition, we have numbing spray to lessen the pain before waxing.
How long does it take to do a Brazilian?
- It all depends on the client. Usually 15-20 minutes. The first time is the longest, and then the monthly upkeep is much faster.
Why should I wax?
- Waxed hair grows back smooth and fine, unlike the stubble that shaving causes. Each time you wax, the hair follicle weakens and can eventually die, leaving you with less hair. Waxing also lasts significantly longer than other epilation methods.
Is waxing sanitary? Can I get an STD?
- Absolutely not. Wax is antibacterial by nature. It is impossible to transfer anything during a wax. We sterilize all our equipments and use disposable gloves for each client. We ENSURE all clients that we DO NOT double dipping with a waxing stick!
Anything else I should know about waxing?
- You should refrain from using waxing as a hair-removal method if you are using Retin-A (currently or in the last 3 months), Acutane®(currently or in the past 4 months), other keratolytic medications (that increase skin exfoliation), or are sunburned or recovering from a recent laser peel.
What about the Male Brazilian?
- We do offer male Brazilian in our service menu.
Is waxing scary?
- NO! It’s fun! You’ll love it! We promise!
* Have another question? Contact us and we will post the Q & A on our site!